Sunday, June 23, 2013

Phantom and Bodo Hennig

Sounds a very mysterious title doesn't it, but if you are expecting some great mystery you will be sadly disappointed. However, I'd love to tell you about my weekend.

This weekend we travelled to New Zealand's capital city, Wellington (about 4 1/2 hours from where we live) to see the Phantom of the Opera as put on by the Wellington Musical Theatre. It was a fabulous show - the singing, the acting, the props, the special effects. Myself, my husband and daughter all walked out wowed. I had seen Phantom of the Opera 20+ years ago in London but Pete had never seen it and my daughter Jamie just loves theatre, especially musical theatre. The trip was well worth it.

We are hoping to travel back to Wellington later next month to see Stomp.

Now I find myself at home trying to catch up with washing and doing the unpacking before work again tomorrow, so this entry will be brief. It is Sunday about 8.45pm in New Zealand.

While in Wellington I picked up a Bodo Hennig dolls house (attic) that I bought through an on-line auction some weeks ago and the lady was good enough to hold it for me until we travelled there this weekend. She bought it in Berlin a few years ago for her daughter who had outgrown it - time for a big kid to take over! When I first saw it on the auction site I could just imagine a Christmas scene in it.

The Attic
 

 Lovely detailed wooden floor on the ground floor
 
 Floor and wallpaper design on ground floor

One of the corner posts

I just realised I didn't take a photo of the tile roof paper, but you can catch a glimpse of the colour in the bottom photo. These houses (attics) must come in kit form because a paper with instructions came with it.

Also, I now have 50 followers. As promised I will have a think about a giveaway, but first I have to finish my Christmas in July Swap gift for Manu which I will work on this week and hopefully get it in the post later this week or in the weekend.

I am concerned that I might lose my followers with losing Google Reader, but I will look into getting set up on Bloglovin during the week. I am also trying to work out how to use Google+.

My to-do list is growing.

Hope everyone has had or is having a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Ciao Sharee dalla tua descrizione deve essere stato proprio bello lo spettacolo teatrale!per il swap sono curiosa...però ho un problema ho cancellato per errore le foto delle cose che ti ho inviato e me ne sono rimaste due foto meno belle. Per favore appena ricevi il pacchetto ti pregherei di inviarmene una con l'insieme di tutto per e-mail.Sono contenta che il tuo blog cresca perchè è molto bello e raffinato.Un abbraccio, Manu

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wooden floor looks fantastic! It is so detailed and realistic. Wonderful!
    Hugs
    Melli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you enjoyed of your weekend in Wellington and you even picked up this wonderful attic. The wooden floor is gorgeous, Sharee, I guess your Chistmas shop must become beautiful when you'll start with this floor ;)
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing to find in New Zealand! I love that roofline :-)

    ReplyDelete