Monday, April 15, 2013

Toyworks House

Look what arrived in the mail today. I won this through an on-line auction. It is a Toyworks House and I understand it is about the same age as my husband, i.e. born in the early 1970s.

It is about 42 cm tall to the point of the roof.

It needs a bit of a clean and is missing its chimney, a couple of clear windows, a yellow shutter and yellow door but all in all it is in pretty good condition for its age. I think it is really sweet.

Excuse the state of the photos. I am too impatient to wait until good light tomorrow so have had to use a flash.

 
 
  

I also won some vintage items I bid on last night so will post pictures of those later in the week when they arrive. 


A new book Doll Kitchens 1800-1980 also arrived in the post today so I'll be tucking myself into bed early tonight to have a good read. 

Gosh I have been treating myself haven't I!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful! A really lovely early Toy Works with the wall decor too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Sharee, ich bin dein neues Mitglied und bin glücklich deinen Blog gefunden zu haben. Sehr schöne Dinge hast dun gebastelt. Respekt! Ich würde mich freuen wenn du mich auch einmal auf meinem Blog besuchst.
    Bis dahin liebe Grüße aus Germany Britta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Britta. You also have some beautiful things on your site.

      Delete
  3. I love this house- it's so bright and cheerful! I can't wait to see what you do with it- is some of the other things you won going in here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No unfortunately I have won some vintage miniature furniture but they are too large for this house. I will have to hunt for some contents.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sharee! It's such a sweet house. I especially like the side with the roses climbing the stone wall. Are you going to leave it as is or decorate it? Looking forward to what is to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will leave the house as is but will look for some suitable contents which will be fun.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sharee, as a Mom you work hard every day, so now and then we have to treat ourselves, isn't it ;)?
    I'll love to see what you will do with this house.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we definitely need to treat ourselves sometimes and I have sure done that this week.

      Delete
  6. My comment seems to have disappeared into the ether! How wonderful that you found this lovely little Toyworks, with the early wall decor - I love it! And Doll Kitchens is great :-) Look forward to seeing the other pieces you won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca. Yes I am really pleased with finding the Toyworks house. When I first saw the picture on the online auction site I just knew I wanted it. It just had that 'vintage' look I love. I didn't know it was a Toyworks house at that stage or even if it was very old. I have to thank you for your wonderful article on Toyworks in the DHPP. It was exciting to see a picture of my house in that article and to find out about the history of the firm.

      Delete