Saturday, February 2, 2013

Bookshelf Project

Below are some photos of my bookshelf project. It will house a number of Paper Minis book kits that are awaiting my attention. Paper Minis have some great miniature book kits (and lots of other items) - see the link on the side bar. The bookshelf sits in an old book shaped box I picked up on an on-line auction site.


This is the book box.


I have wallpapered the inside with an old fashioned wallpaper.


This is a picture of the bookshelf on its own. Of course it will look a lot better once I make up the books and get them on the shelves.

When I was very young I first read the below poem and loved it. I have decided I will make a framed picture of the poem to hang on the empty wall:

I've travelled the world twice over,
Met the famous; saints and sinners,
Poets and artists, Kings and Queens,
Old stars and hopeful beginners,
I've been where no-one's been before,
Learned secrets from writers and cooks,
All with one library ticket,
to the wonderful world of books.
Unknown
  

No comments:

Post a Comment